Agogo Nursing Training Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Agogo, previously known as the Presbyterian Nurses’ Training College.
The Swiss missionaries founded it in March 1935 to serve as a nursing school for the Agogo Presbyterian Hospital. The Presbyterian Health services include both the hospital and the institution that trains nurses and midwives.
The Christian Health Association of Ghana (CHAG) also oversees the Presbyterian Health Services. CHAG is a grouping of Christian churches that have created hospitals and/or institutes for medical education.
The institution has undergone several reformations since it was founded in 1935, and as a result, it is now able to teach students for the Diploma in Midwifery, Diploma in General Nursing Programme, and Post Basic Midwifery programmes.
The National Accreditation Board has granted the institution accreditation. The organisation in charge of governing the College’s operations, curriculum, and exams is the Nurses and Midwifery Council (NMC). The Ghanaian Ministries of Health and Education both have oversight over the facility.
The school is associated with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, and after three years of study, the university awards successful students a diploma in general nursing or midwifery.
Agogo Nurses Training College 2023/2024 Programmes and Requirements, Agogo Community Health Nurses Training College offers a variety of courses and their prerequisites.
In order to apply to the Training College for the different programmes, prospective students should follow the prerequisites for each course as a reference.
The following courses are available at Agogo Nurses Training:
The auxiliary courses are two years certificate courses in nursing.
- Community Health Nursing (CHN) Now Nurse assistance Preventive (NAP)
- Health Assistant Clinical (HAC)
The three-year duration of the diploma programmes.
- Registered General Nursing (RGN)
- Registered Mental Nursing
- Registered Midwifery (Females only)
- Registered Community Nursing (RCN) Now Public Health Nurse (PHN)
Auxiliary Programmes Requirement
|Age||18 – 35 years||18 – 35 years|
|Overall Aggregate||Aggregate 30 or better in six subjects||Aggregate 30 or better in six subjects|
|Core Subjects||Minimum of C6 in three core subjects||Minimum of C6 in three core subjects|
|(i.e., English, Mathematics, and||(i.e., English, Mathematics, and|
|Integrated Science)||Integrated Science)|
|Elective Subjects||Minimum of D7 in three elective subjects||Minimum of D7 in three elective subjects|
Basic Nursing Programmes Requirement
|Age||Overall Aggregate||Core Subjects (Minimum Grades)||Elective Subjects (Minimum Grades)|
|WASSCE||Not more than 35 years||Aggregate 36 or better (Six subjects)||English Language (C6) Mathematics (C6) Integrated Science (C6)||Three Elective Subjects (A1-C6)|
|SSSCE||Not more than 35 years||Aggregate 24 or better (Six subjects)||English Language (D) Mathematics (D) Integrated Science (D)||Three Elective Subjects (A-D)|
Diploma Programmes Requirement
|Age||Overall Aggregate||Core Subjects||Minimum Grades||Elective Subjects||Minimum Grades|
|18 – 35||Aggregate 24||English, Mathematics, Science||A1 – C6||Any two from the||A1 – C6|
|Husbandry, Food and|
From Monday, April 24, 2023, until Friday, June 30, 2023, applications from eligible individuals will be accepted for admission to any of Ghana’s health training institutions.
The applicant must:
Pay 200 Ghana Cedis (GH200.00) for an application code at any Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) or Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) branch. (This includes the cost of verification of results, SMS notifications and any other communication).
- Please note that if not utilised, all coupons bought are valid until July 5, 2023. ii. Since all communication will be sent by SMS or email, no postage envelopes are needed.
- Applicants will get a voucher with a special Serial Number (SN) and PIN after making a payment.
- Establish a personal e-mail account and a dedicated phone number for any interaction. [PLEASE NOTE: Do not use a relative’s email address]
- Your residence address and Ghana Post Digital Address are required.
- Access the application online at https://healthtraining.gov.gh by using the PIN code and Serial.
- Take note that only the PIN and a self-generated password may access the online registration form.
- After the online application is started, attentively follow the instructions and complete the necessary admission procedure steps.
- To monitor the progress of the admissions procedure, use the PIN and Serial Number.
- Keep in mind that only those who are accepted will be invited to the institution of their choosing for a competitive interview.
- Dial 88718# and follow the instructions to buy a MOH training institutions E-voucher using mobile money.
Individuals interested in pursuing a profession in nursing may choose from the Basic Diploma Programmes offered by Agogo Nursing Training College. Common criteria for admission to colleges include age, overall average, core subjects, minimum grades, and optional courses.
The typical range for age requirement for entrance is 18 to 35 years. Candidates for enrollment must have received a minimum overall score of 24 on their WASSCE or SSCE exams. With a minimum grade ranging from A1 to C6, the key disciplines that are normally taken into consideration are English, Mathematics, and Science.